Scroll down through the page – you can choose any of the activities you like. Remember that all of this info will be accessible and you can revisit it on pancomido if you don’t get through it all today (which you won’t – there’s a lot here!).
- Video for -AR verbs (with audio – get headphones!) (he leaves out the vosotros form because he’s using South American Spanish.)
- Video for -ER verbs
- Video for -IR verbs
- Flashcards with regular verbs
- The irregular verbs song!
- Regular verbs in the preterite – explanation.
- Test yourself – see what you can remember
- Hangman with irregular verbs
- Hangman – regular and irregular verbs
- Who wants to be a millionaire? Warm up with this one.
- Who wants to be a millionaire?
- Read this explanation of the Imperfect, with a link you can click to generate a quiz.
- Video for -AR verbs (he teaches South American Spanish so no vosotros form).
- Video for -ER/-IR verbs.
- AND! his preterite vs imperfect song! Not quite as good as the song above, but still…
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PRETERITE AND THE IMPERFECT
And now try this: Revisit the Preterite vs Imperfect: in a game of battleships!
A story to listen to and read to reinforce the difference between the preterite and the imperfect. Make sure to do the activities at the end of each section to really revise properly.
Watch & learn
Consider incorporating some hand gestures into your oral exam.