Today in class, you have a choice.
My advice would be to type up your pieces on your work experience so that they are ready to go for your portfolios. Likewise with your pieces on the film Volver – a lot of you did those into your copies rather than typing them up, so this is a good opportunity to do it now.
If for some reason you don’t have that work with you (copies should have been returned yesterday Monday and are in the big cupboard under the TV on the top shelf if you were absent), then here are a few activities to get the preterite straight in your head:
REVISING THE PRETERITE:
Regular verbs in the preterite are explained here in points 1-4. Point 5 is the Irregular verbs song!
- Video for -AR verbs (with audio – get headphones!) (he leaves out the vosotros form because he’s using South American Spanish.)
- Video for -ER verbs
- Video for -IR verbs
- Flashcards with regular verbs
- The irregular verbs song!
- Regular verbs in the preterite – explanation.
- Test yourself – see what you can remember
- Hangman with irregular verbs
- Hangman – regular and irregular verbs
- Who wants to be a millionaire? Warm up with this one.
- Who wants to be a millionaire?
And now try this: Revisit the Preterite vs Imperfect: in a game of battleships!