The instructions for typing up and recording your text are in this post.
1. Read this page and watch the video at the bottom. It’s all good so don’t skip any part of it, although you should notice that the girl is speaking with a slightly different accent because she’s using South American Spanish.
2. Study the flashcards here and do the Speller (you need headphones for it), then complete one or both games at the end (Scatter or Space Race) to test yourself on the vocabulary used.
Choose between from these activities.
- Vocab for personality/appearance Who wants to be a millionaire:
- Do you know how to describe your hair? A quick match-up here: (this page loads a little slowly, but is useful).
- A different Ser vs Estar Who wants to be a millionaire:
- Revisit the Preterite vs Imperfect: (battleships)
- Look at this page and see how you can create a Voki (an online character). You should be able to either save it or post it to the blog, but that last part may take a few minutes, so be sure to leave enough time. Read the text you’ve prepared for recording.
- Play this game (personality vocab) at the more difficult level.
- Matching words & definitions.
- Test yourself – translate the description words against a timer.
- Snakes and Ladders with questions on physical description. Play alone or with a partner, but I advise playing alone first to get an idea of the different questions!
Leave a comment to say which of the activities was most useful, and or most fun. Also, please let me know if a link isn’t working so that I can fix it. ¡Gracias!